You can find more about Emily at www.chronicillnessandmotherhood.com
Guest Blog written by Emily Graves.
Sometimes everything is going smoothly. Other times I feel like balls are flying all over the place. I am a wreck! and it is okay because I am doing the best that I can. Yes, it sucks when I am sick and have to miss out on all the fun things or committee meetings because I can not get out of bed but that is life and I will try again tomorrow. And, snuggling in bed watching a movie with your five-year-old is not the end of the world.
- Prepare snacks ahead of time and really watch my sodium, this makes a tremendous difference to my swelling.
- Pack comfortable clothes and especially comfortable shoes. I have a rule against buying things that are not comfortable. I simply do not purchase them!
- Plan breaks so that they naturally occur during the trip and I do not suddenly have to be rushed somewhere because I am passed my limit.
- We travel with friends, this is a natural support system that does not require an explanation. My travel friends are close friends and if I say I need some time out, they say okay-not ask why. I really appreciate this. Also, they are great with Will.
- Stay as active as possible. I ride bikes, hike, take short walks and when I can't physically do those things, I enjoy sitting outside and watching William enjoy our journey.
Many thanks to Emily for her contribution you can read more about Emily Graves via her web page
FACEBOOK/ TWITTER/ INSTAGRAM/ PINTEREST/ BLOGLOVIN