I recently read a beautiful inspirational blog by Pouting In Heels about a list every woman needs to have.
"It is a list that instead of making you feel like a failure, will make you feel like your very own hero"
Society can be so full of guarded people that when a woman writes with such rawness and beauty it is a gift to share.
Like this lady, I made a decision many years ago to treat myself weekly to fresh flowers. They brighten up any room and make me feel special. My decision was more of a feminist one. Men in my life the only eve bought me flowers with a sorry note attached, it is hard to love the beauty of a bouquet when they are bought in that way.
For me, this was the turning point when I decided to make my own happiness.
Flowers always make me smile. My favourite are yellow roses but each season brings beautiful blooms that it is so hard to stay loyal to my true love. (I am such a flower floozie) Being a slow walker is such an incredible opportunity to take photos of the flowers growing in the summer sunshine.
- I will buy fresh flowers weekly.
- I will always find time to have painted nails.
- I will always try and look my best even on bad days.
- I will listen to my body and rest guilt free.
- I will not pursue anything that does not come naturally to me.
- I will remove all negative thoughts, people and practices from my life.
- I will be thankful for the present moment and enjoy now.
- I will find reasons to smile daily regardless of it being a good or bad day health wise.
- I will never fall asleep on a cross word with anyone I love.
- I will never let my past, pain or people make me hard.
- I will always compliment, praise, make people aware of their qualities and strengths.
What would be on your list?
Thank you, Katie, for your beautiful read.